This week in crypto
- 3.6M Americans to use crypto to make a purchase in 2022, research firm Insider Intelligence predicts
Analysts believe that crypto’s transactional value to rise 70% in 2022. They also predict that the number of U.S. adults who are crypto users will increase to 33.7 million by the end of 2022.
- Air Europa and TravelX launch the first air ticket in NFT format
NFTickets are a new type of NFT that combines digital information with experiences and services.
Transaction information is securely stored using blockchain technology. In terms of usage, the owner only needs to show the NFT at the check-in counter to get the ticket they are about to fly on.
- The world’s first crypto-backed payment card was launched
Cryptocurrency lender Nexo announced that it has teamed up with global payments company Mastercard to launch the world’s first cryptocurrency-backed payment card.
This was the latest move by crypto and incumbent financial networks to join forces as digital assets become increasingly popular.
- Framework Ventures presents a $400 million fund with a special focus on blockchain games
Framework said in a statement that half of the new capital, about $200 million, will go into the “burgeoning blockchain gaming space.”
This particular focus on the gaming business builds on the momentum that has been seen in all deals in that industry in recent months.
- German Commerzbank applies for a local cryptocurrency license
Commerzbank, Germany’s second-largest bank, has applied for a crypto license to offer exchange and storage and protection services for crypto assets. If the application is approved, Commerzbank will become the first bank in the country to move toward cryptocurrencies and has applied for a license from the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), Germany’s financial regulator.
Which news did you enjoy the most? Write in the comments!